When it comes to restoring teeth, there are typical solutions such as partials or dentures. Most people who get high-quality, well – fitting dentures find that they will:
- Restore you to an appearance that is more youthful
- Allow you to once again eat all of the foods that you love
- Give you more confidence with your smile
- Eliminate embarrassment
- Enable your speech to be more clear
Here at Beyond Smiles, you can get most of the information that you will need in order to make informed decisions regarding getting new dentures, issues that you might have with dentures and denture care. There is a lot to learn. For example, even though getting dentures might be the optimal solution for your oral health, they might not ever function just as well as your actual teeth. Also, many people are not aware that dentures are not a forever solution. As you get older, the topography of your mouth changes. This can make it necessary for you to get your dentures relined or even for you to get a whole new set of dentures.
It doesn’t matter if you are starting to explore your options or if you already have dentures, be sure to talk this over with the professionals here at Beyond Smiles.
If you are just beginning to learn about dentures, here are a few facts.
- Even if you get dentures that fit perfectly, you still need to see a dentist on a regular basis.
- No one needs to know that you are wearing dentures unless you tell them.
- People who wear dentures can eat normally.
- People who wear dentures can speak more clearly
- Adhesives can play a major role when it comes to the comfort and fit of your dentures.
- Prescription and over the counter medicines can affect your dentures.
- Don’t make the assumption that the care of dentures is too costly.
- Never try to repair your dentures yourself.
- All dentures are not created equally.
When it comes to partial dentures, there are a few types to choose from. You might opt for flexible partials, cast metal partials or an acrylic partial. Each type has benefits and drawbacks. Talk to the professionals here at Beyond Smiles to learn which dentures or partials will be the best option for you. Either way you go, your smile will be brighter and more complete. You will no longer need to hide your smile or be self – conscious about it.